Iconic Fashion Week Locations/Venues And The History Behind Them
Learn The History Behind New York Fashion Week's Top Venues
The Pratt House Mansion
Location For Small Boutique Fashion Week Season 15 Feb 9 & 10
Every in the fashion industry is talking about the rebranding of Small Boutique Fashion. Moving from their signature all white lofts to now one of the most exclusive and upscale venues to attend this fashion week. The Harold Pratt House and Peterson Hall sits right on the corner of 68th and Park Ave, and is bringing indie designers right to the mecca of NYC's most pricy shopping neighborhood the Upper East Side. ”The Pratt House Mansion & Peterson Hall.” Located on the ritzy Upper Eastside, this Classic New York mansion was built in 1920 for American philanthropist and industrialist Harold I. Pratt. The former home has been preserved throughout the years keeping the classic upscale New York feel which will set the background for Small Boutique Fashion Week Season 15. The event will consist of multiple rooms including a VIP gifting and press suite, 5 staterooms, and two different spaces for runway shows.
Museum Of The City Of New York
Location For Harlem Fashion Week Feb 16
The Museum of the City of New York (MCNY) is a history and art museum in New York City, New York. It was founded by Henry Collins Brown, in 1923 to preserve and present the history of New York City, and its people. It is located at 1220–1227 Fifth Avenue from East 103rd to 104th Streets, across from Central Park in the Upper East Side neighborhood of Manhattan, at the northern end of the Museum Milesection of Fifth Avenue.
Location For Walk Fashion Show Feb 10th
Located in Hell’s Kitchen, NY, Stage 48 is a multi-use venue that hosts Concerts, Night Life, and Private/Corporate Events. Built in the 1950s as a horse stable, the building has been completely remodeled utilizing the beauty of the old industrial architecture and incorporating complimentary modern elements to create an ambience that currently does not exist in any NYC venue. A large horseshoe balcony overlooks the main floor providing excellent site-lines of the 34 foot wide stage. Several elevated VIP areas are located on both floors and a state of the art Sound, Lighting and Video system will ensure an experience like none other.
Location For Plitz Fashion Show Feb 14th
The Hotel Pennsylvania was built by the Pennsylvania Railroad and operated by Ellsworth Statler. It opened on January 25, 1919 and was designed by William Symmes Richardson of the firm of McKim, Mead & White, which also designed the original Pennsylvania Station located across the street.
Statler Hotels, which had managed the Pennsylvania since its construction, acquired the property outright from the Pennsylvania Railroad on June 30, 1948 and renamed it the Hotel Statler on January 1, 1949. Following the sale of all 17 Statler hotels to Conrad Hilton in 1954, the hotel became the Statler Hilton. It operated under this name until 1979, when Hilton sold the hotel to developer William Zeckendorf, Jr., for $24 million. The hotel was renamed the New York Statler and was operated by Dunfey hotels, a division of Aer Lingus. The hotel was sold again for $46 million in August 1983. A 50% interest was bought by Abelco, an investment group consisting of developers Elie Hirschfeld, Abraham Hirschfeld, and Arthur G. Cohen, with the other 50% bought by the Penta Hotels chain, a joint-venture of British Airways, Lufthansa, and Swissair. The new owners renamed the hotel the New York Penta and undertook a massive renovation. In 1991, Penta's partners bought out the chain's stake in the hotel and returned it to its original name, Hotel Pennsylvania
4 West 43rd Street
Location For NYC Live Fashion Show Feb 13th
4W43 Building is a Renaissance Revival style, (former) apartment hotel building designed by Clarence S. Luce for David H. King Jr. and constructed between 1890 and 1891. Following the death of David H. King, Jr. in 1916, the building was sold to Columbia University, for use as the Columbia University Club. The building served as a university club for 56 years. In 1975 the building was purchased by the Holy Spirit Association for the Unification of World Christianity for use as a headquarters. HSA-UWC has retained ownership of the building.