The Indie Fashion Calendar Atlanta Designer Development Contest
Now casting designers to compete for the independent fashion industry's highest honor.
Do you think you have what it takes to compete for the honorary title of Atlanta's Indie Designer of the Year?
It's time to put your true design expertise to the test and compete in the Indie Fashion Calendar's 2022 Designer Development Contest. Showcase your collection to the Indie Fashion Council's elite panel of judges consisting of the industry's most renowned designers, models and press.
There can only be ONE winner!
Date of Show: Saturday April 9th 2022
Location: Atlanta, GA
ENTER FOR A CHANCE TO WIN:
1) Free logo design and graphic design consultation.
2) Free editorial photoshoot of your full collection with provided location and glam squad
in New York City.
3) Free look book design of your choice. One your collection is hot, we will design your look book for printing.
4) Reality show/behind the scenes exposé filmed during your runway shows. This will be filmed during your photoshoot.
5) Free e-commerce website design via wix.com.
6) Free domain name for your clothing line's website
7) Registration fee waived for major international fashion event/production(s) for 2022
8) Red carpet VIP invites to NYC fashion week events for the 2022 seasons.
Available during New York Fashion Week. We will provide a list of events for you to attend.
9) Free docu-series filmed during your year of development. Filmed during photoshoot and fashion shows that you will attend.
10) Free fashion editorial video for your marketing needs. Available after filming.
11) Free model casting services. Available in the NYC area.
12) Designer will be named the Indie Fashion Association Indie Design Star of 2022
13) 30 social media commercials. Available after filming.
14) Branding/rebranding consultation. Available upon request.
15) Winner will become judge for the 2023 Designer Development Contest
Ready to put your design skills to the test?
RULES FOR PARTICIPATION:
1) Contestants will be required to create a 3-look collection that will be presented to our panel of Indie Fashion Council certified judges. Collections will be judged on originality, fabric selection and garment construction.
2) Contestants will be required to cast their own models and hair and makeup team to produce a cohesive runway presentation that will be judged upon model selection, hair and makeup application and overall presentation.
3) Contestants will be required to present a pre- and post-runway show speech/Q&A to expand on their inspiration behind their collection and their design expertise to both the general public and panel of judges.
4) All contestants must submit a registration fee of $400.
Please note all payments are non-refundable.
A note from the Indie Fashion Council:
We would like to thank your for taking part in the Independent Fashion Calendar Designer Development Contest. We know how hard it is to run a small business. We commend you on your bravery and willingness to take a chance on your talent by competing and we are excited to see what you have in store. Good Luck!